How Much Does a Home Repair Cost?
When you need to repair or replace something in your home, how do you know what is a fair price? Just what does a home repair cost? You might ask several contractors to give their bids, and may find that their estimates are all over the board. Or you may want to budget for an upcoming repair or upgrade.
You might also be already working with a contractor and suspect that they might be overcharging for an item. Or they may have screwed up the job and now you need to fix their work. Who do you ask to confirm pricing on a home repair job?
Call in a Homeowner’s Advocate
Most homeowners don’t know how much construction costs are. They don’t really have any reason to, and they believe they can trust the contractor or building professionals to give them a fair price. But really, homeowners are under the mercy of the builders or contractors without knowing in advance what should be charged. What homeowners need is a homeowner’s advocate.
What is a Homeowner’s Advocate?
A homeowner’s advocate is a construction expert hired by the homeowner to consult on building practices. This expert can help homeowners in a number of ways:
- Consulting to help the homeowner to select the right contractor for the job and gather quotes
- Reviewing contractor proposals and contracts for accuracy in scope of work and delivery dates
- Professional opinion on verification of pricing
- Contract revisions
- Private inspection of contractor work and reporting to the homeowner
- Monitoring construction quality and practices on a home repair jobsite
- Negotiating on behalf of the homeowner with the contractor in cases of construction disputes
Home Repair Costs
How much a home repair costs depends on several factors:
- How much needs to be repaired
- Existing conditions and unforeseen conditions
- Types of materials chosen
- Parts and equipment
Most Common Home Repairs
The most common home repairs are:
- Roof replacement
- Heating and air conditioning equipment
- Exterior painting and siding
- Hot water heater
- Remodel of kitchen
- Remodel of bathroom
Rely on Först Consulting Group
When we consult on a construction errors inspection, Först Consulting Group provide estimates of potential home repair costs. We can do so because as a Class A Contractor, we have been building and renovating homes for years. We know what things should and do cost. Now, as a homeowner’s advocate, we want to make sure you are not being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous contractor.
If you suspect pricing is out of line and want an expert second opinion. Call Först. We’ll be glad to consult with you on your building project, review contracts, negotiate fair pricing, and provide home repair cost estimates. You don’t have to go it alone, with experience on your side. Contact Först Consulting Group today.