About Först Consulting Group
Owner Matthew Furlong founded Först Consulting Group as an advocacy group designed to help others with construction disputes. Over the years, the company has grown to offer a wide variety of services including consulting, testing, inspections, documentation, litigation support, and expert witness testimony, as well as various homeowner services such as estate management and construction advocate.
We understand how construction errors can occur, and we know how to resolve them. As highly-experienced advisors, we are prepared to consult in most areas of residential and commercial construction on construction defects and construction disputes. As expert witnesses, we are prepared to present legal evidence and testimony in a court of law.
Matthew Furlong is also owner of NovaCustomBuilders.com, a Class A construction company.
People sometimes ask where the name Först Consulting Group originated. It is actually Matthew’s wife’s maiden name: Först. Since his first company was named after Matthew, he thought it only fair to name the second company after her—and so did she.
Först is a German name, traced back to the northwestern edge of the Harz mountain range in the Pfalz area of Germany, and meaning “forest” and someone who either lives or works in the forest. The name has faded in German heritage, usually written now as Förster or Försterling, so it was also a way to keep the name alive.
· Class A Contractor, License 2705 141942A
· International Code Council (ICC) Certified Inspector
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) training:
· IS-29 Public Information Officer Awareness (POI) certified
· IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS) certified
· IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident certified
· IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) certified
· IS-800.b National Response Framework certified
· WMD/ Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders (AWR-160) certified
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training:
· OSHA-10 Hour certified
· OSHA-30 Hour certified
· OSHA Hazardous Communication Standard (HCS) certified
· Successful online completion of Fall Protection for Construction (OSHA 1926.501)
· Successful online completion of Electrical Safety (OSHA 1926 Subpart K)
· Successful completion of the Virginia Boating Safety Course
· Member and enrolled student of Texas A&M Extension Service (TEEX)
· Member and enrolled student of American College of Forensic Examiners Institute (ACFEI) member
· American Bar Association (ABA) associate member
· National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) member